Innovative Education Who We Are
We are a small district with a big impact! We are committed to delivering high quality education to 6,000 students across 5 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 freshman campus, 1 regular high school, and 1 alternative high school. Our schools are in modern facilities or renovated historical buildings. Working at Okeechobee County Schools means you’ll experience a true sense of community and be able to empower our students to be innovative thinkers and reach their full potential. If you share our vision and you are dedicated to support our mission, we would love to hear from you!
Key Values Our Mission & Vision
Our mission and vision embody the foundation of Okeechobee County School District. We want to make sure our staff is set up for success so our students can be successful.
Together, Achieving Excellence: Putting Students First.
Dedicated & Proud Our Success
Our students and staff are doing great things at Okeechobee County Schools. We are proud to have been recognized for these awards:
- District receives Gold Recognition as a Florida Healthy School District.
- Okeechobee County Schools 2019 Grade B School District.
- 395 Industry Certifications earned in CTE: Career & Technical Ed Programs in the 2018-2019 School Year.
- Krista Stanley of Yearling Middle School was selected as the 2021 Florida State Teacher of the Year!
- Okeechobee County School District has received Corporate Accreditation through AdvancED.
Our Community Live in Okeechobee
Okeechobee County Schools is located in South Central Florida. Enjoy year-round sunshine and no matter your interest, you’ll have opportunities for recreation, shopping, and entertainment.
If you are looking for a place to live in Okeechobee, learn more about our housing assistance here!
For You Employee Benefits & Perks
Okeechobee County Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package consisting of health insurance, life insurance, 401k and so much more. Learn more about what you can expect as a member of our team!Explore Benefits